Author Topic: p2279  (Read 4959 times)

carprus

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
p2279
« on: 21 February 2013, 05:54:49 PM »
hi guys
went to scotland for the wifes big 50 party....was in three figures most of the way....anyway got there turned car off went into mums for hour or so..came back out started car and went off down the hill,next minute a loud horrible sound from under bonnet...pulled up left it running and it sound like the ends knocking and only running on 3 so i took it to local garage and left it there(not many garages on west coast) any way they rang me on the saturday they had put new egr and cps on it as that was the codes they found,but was still running on 3....so had it recovered from greenock back to coventry....my rusty spanner then came round done his bit found that throttle body and inlet manifold knackered...so new parts put on but still wouldnt run smooth(lots of black smoke) so he discontected cat and dpf..and it ran so new cat and dpf put on!...problem now is when under load im get eml and limp mode code p2279!!! all hoses have been checked..new map sensor and still it does it,there is a massive flat spot at 2750 revs...and pretty much gut less under 2000 revs...im due to start my annual french fishing trip in 4 weeks..and would appreciate any help or ideas..sorry for such a long post just thought i would give the full story..btw its a 9-5 1.9 tid est on a 07 plate many thanks in advance

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: p2279
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
P2279 is a fault in the inlet.

You need to check there for a fault in the Air Mass Meter or a split in the pipe from the meter to the engine.  Split pipe or split intercooler?

Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

carprus

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2013, 12:05:35 AM »
sgould thanks for reply,maf meter ok thats been checked....intercooler also checked.....as for pipes well 3 cans of bright spark sprayed all around nothing found! saturday they are going to take inlet manifold off again to check gasket!!

carprus

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2013, 03:18:02 PM »
update...swirl flap melted and not shutting!!! manifold not even two weeks old :o