Author Topic: Hirsch Map  (Read 8582 times)

nine-fiver

• Aero
  • Number of thanks: 30
  • Hirsched
    • View Profile
Hirsch Map
« on: 29 May 2013, 10:11:06 AM »
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has a genuine Hirsch ECU installed on their 9-3 SS.
Mine (see pic) is a 2004 Hirsch homologated car specified and imported for AUS, with the big intercooler and 3" exhaust, cat back. All Hirsch stuff. Hirsch do not now support the map for that car apparently and I wonder if anyone has installed a map that goes past what was considered 'safe' in '04? Currently the car has a standard Aero map running the engine.

Suggestions welcome...

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Hirsch Map
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2013, 11:19:50 AM »
No pics....

In the early days, at least in the UK, Hirsch offered two maps for the 2.0 4cyl 210 hp Aero.  There was the software only 230 hp; and the 250 hp which had the extra hardware. I had assumed that it was dropped due to lack of sales, not due to it being "unsafe". 

The 250 hp upgrade was pretty rare.  I think most people considered £3250, plus fitting, to be expensive, when the 230 hp upgrade was under £800.

We run the 195 hp Hirsch upgrade on her 1.8t, and it's fairly lively; more torque than the standard Aero up to 4500 rpm, and it spools up quicker with the smaller turbo! :)
« Last Edit: 29 May 2013, 11:21:22 AM by sgould »
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

aerojon

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
hirsch ecu,no such thing..saab ecu with hirsch remap loaded onto it..

smurkenstein

• Vector
  • Number of thanks: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2013, 09:34:33 PM »
From my memory...there are at least 3 hirsch aftermarket ecu tunes for the 2.0T the 230 hp (I have this), the 252 that goes with the IC and the hirsch exhaust, and the 240 that goes with the revised 2.0T engine. In the UK, these are tuned by a hand held device connected to the internet by an authorised dealer.

I'm not sure it would be that easy to copy the map from another person's car, eg with a 3rd party handheld - I did hear that Hirsch's maps are encrypted in a way that means it can't be read by handheld. You could pm Chris de Ze - something he said in an old thread suggested that a map could be held and stored in the maptun hand held device.

Alternatively, you could contact JZW or Vtuner. These guys will deal with the UK and their hand held tuners can be used to generate logs for remote fine tuning. I'd bet JZW could provide you with something pretty close to what you need off the shelf.

nine-fiver

• Aero
  • Hirsched
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2013, 09:18:07 AM »
The 252 map is the one I am after for this car, as it was specified that way from SAAB Australia. This particular car is the only one factory specced to that level in the country apparently, so I want it to be 'authentic'. The Hirsch sticker on the ECU probably doesn't mean all that much now but the Map itself does. And things have developed a bit since '04 so it is possible we can go past the original figures, given the research that has been done on T8 systems.
Looking forward to lots of torque from the big turbo.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2013, 10:25:43 AM »
Does your car have the 3 inch downpipe?  I can't remember if an exhaust was part of the 252 kit.

But Maptun get a lot more now. With the intercooler and exhaust in place, a set of injectors and a different turbo would get you to 300hp

http://maptun.net/tuningGuide.php?kategori=668&produkt=2622&model=2351&listorder=73
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 

Geoff1951

• SST paid up supporter
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 22
  • Sadly Saabless, but with a new mistress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2013, 11:04:31 AM »
I fancy their Stage 7 myself - 470 bhp, 580 Nm.   :o  :o  :o

aerojon

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2013, 02:28:39 PM »
the 252bhp remap isn't available from hirsch,hasn't been for a while..i'd even go to say years..
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 02:31:34 PM by aerojon »

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2013, 04:38:43 PM »
But if the hardware is there, the software should be available if a re-load is needed.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2013, 06:30:08 PM »

smurkenstein

• Vector
  • Number of thanks: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2013, 06:54:07 PM »
Presumably the car did have the 252 remap at some point? It might be worth writing to Hirsch with your Vin and trying to blag them into helping you.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2013, 07:45:24 PM »
The Hirsch site has a Request page.  I've always had a reply from Manfred by return.

http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/Content.aspx?path=/Contact/ContactRequest

nine-fiver

• Aero
  • Hirsched
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2013, 09:39:39 AM »
I did that a while back. Manfred replied, saying to contact the local Hirsch rep. I got the distinct impression that they were not at all interested in remapping the ecu. It is on their books and the VIN is known to them, given the history of the car. Our local guy is not renowned for his excellent pricing though, so it looks like I am going down the 'special' route. We have obtained the equivalent map and the car will get the update early July, and then get a day of solid tuning from there to optimise it. 

The car has the 3 inch exhaust from the Cat back, and it is the Helmholtz tuned system, the one that grows 30mm when hot. Very cool.