Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Always a euphoric moment. Congrats. Mine (2004) is due next month.
Took the black 2006 Dame Edna for an MOT

The tester remarked that I did a lot of miles in her, as he checked the MOT history. Then he gave me a clean ticket  :thumbsup:
Engine light was still off this morning, but came on again on the second journey back home.

The only small positive is that, if it is the fuel pump, if that is replaced, the level sensor will be replaced too.
After sticking a bottle of Forte in the Carlsson, I took the rear LH door card off and cleaned all the contacts in an attempt to cure the intermittent door lock failure.  It seems to be better, but still not 100%.  Getting the front door locks out is easy, getting at the rear door locks id much more difficult.  You have to remove the window mechanism first...
I'm sure it will happen again.  The last two occasions the light stayed off for a few months.  But if I put some Forte in every 6 months or so, It might confir it's a restricted fuel line or injector.

Short of running 100% of the time with the fuel pressure recorder, there's not much else I can do.  Unfortunately I would have to keep an eye out as the scanner doesn't doesn't record.
Thursday 25th April approx 1915 hrs, south of J15

(not far from where my turbo packed up in Sept 2017)

Grey/silver NG 9-5 on hard shoulder with bonnet up.

Hope it gets fixed.
Now you will never know what solved the problem....
Two days on and the engine light is still off.  Fingers crossed...

Forte engine cleaner has arrived.  Two days late due to Royal Mail delays.  I might as well use it! :)
Both of those thoughts have crossed my mind!! :D
Funny.... having seen the agricultural engineering approaches to ripping open a hole in the 9-3 floor to get access to change the pump, I was wondering "what about getting a 9-5 cover plate (perhaps with part of the 9-5 floor) and spending the money on doing what Saab should have done in the first place".

Or you could just put a 20 ohm resistor in series   ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10