Author Topic: Electric windows. Wont close properly  (Read 6063 times)

Amalfi

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Electric windows. Wont close properly
« on: 28 February 2013, 09:43:28 PM »
 ???06 plate Aero convertible. Only had it a couple of months but recently have had probelms closing both driver and offside windows. When they get to the top they go back down again about a third of the way. It seems as though they are detecting something trapped and so coming back down to prevent damage to window or whatever is in the way. i have cleaned all the widow seals and applied silicon spray but to no avail. Is this something that can be adjusted or is it a sign of something on its way out?

Guyver1

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Electric windows. Wont close properly
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2013, 09:53:40 PM »
Try doing a hard reset

Hold the button down until the window has fully retracted, keep holding down for 3 seconds, might be a bleep to confirm. Then do the same when closing, fully closed then 3 seconds. Do this on every window in turn.

Amalfi

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2013, 10:13:38 PM »
Thanks for quick reply, I will try that . Should have looked at other post first. Have just seen a similar post by Mr Linear from last August. Looks like all the answers I need are already right there. :)

umma08

• Airflow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2022, 07:47:21 PM »
Gonna put the link here, just in case it helps others

http://www.saabtechtalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1710.msg14696#msg14696

For the record, pulling fuse 5 (left corner of fascia - see car manual for directions), and then doing a reset of the sensors (holding down the window buttons for 3 seconds) solved the issue on my partner's 2008 9-3.