Author Topic: Need WIS and EPC  (Read 3018 times)

stevetreacy

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 7
  • MY01 95 V6 Griffin
    • View Profile
Need WIS and EPC
« on: 07 July 2014, 08:59:58 PM »
I All,

My computer has gone north for ever and I cant get my backup copy of WIS and EPC to download to my new one. Where can I get installable version for windows 8.

Thanks

steve

ScarbSaab

• SST paid up supporter
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 14
  • 04 9-5 Aero Estate, 08 9-5 Aero Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: Need WIS and EPC
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2014, 06:57:11 AM »
Have you considered installing virtualisation software like VirtualBox, and using the license from your dead machine to run WIS/EPC inside?

GeoffW

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 2
  • Sadly now Saabless, what next?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2014, 01:28:03 PM »
Firstly, if your new PC is running the 32 bit version of Windows 8, you can install the WIS and EPC on it.
  • You will need to fire up the install.exe file (or some name like that from the installation CD or extracted download using "Run as Administrator" - right click on the install file then select the "Run as Administrator" option from the drop-down menu.
If you have a 64 version of Windows 8, you will need to first set up a virtual PC then install your 32 bit operating system into it and finally install your copy of WIS and EPC (use the "Run as Administrator" method described above). Remember -Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft so will be a virus magnet for the future! - Don't use it.

Options for the virtual PC are to
It may all sound daunting but is actually straightforward. Just follow the instructions above.

stevetreacy

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 7
  • MY01 95 V6 Griffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2014, 07:44:27 PM »
Hi,

Have been able to resurrect my Vista machine, so all is well for now. Thanks for advice.

steve

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2014, 07:58:22 PM »
I have a VM setup using Virtualbox just for XP to run all the Saab software, too many problems with making it run on newer versions of Windows. (not that I run Windows at all myself unless I really have to)