Author Topic: Recommendations for body shop for rust repair in Midlands  (Read 2201 times)

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
Recommendations for body shop for rust repair in Midlands
« on: 14 March 2017, 04:49:09 PM »
The rust on the rear arches is starting to become fairly obvious on my 2002 9-3.

Assuming it's not hugely expensive, I wouldn't mind getting them sorted properly (cut out rust and replace with fresh steel and repaint).

Any recommendations for anywhere in the Midlands (preferably close to Hinckley LE10)  that would do this sort of minor restoration?

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendations for body shop for rust repair in Midlands
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2017, 03:32:02 PM »
Still struggling to find anywhere.

Tried posting a job on http://www.carbodybids.com though I've had 0 responses after 4 days. Maybe they're assuming I'm expecting the job to be £50 because the car is next to worthless.

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2017, 11:15:43 AM »
Kev did you ever get that rust problem sorted out?

This might not be a lot of help to you as its in Oxfordshire, but there is a hive of little businesses I've discovered at a little place called Little Clanfield (its a couple of miles south of RAF Brize Norton's airfield), these businesses are all dedicated to vehicle restoration.

They mainly do classics, Frog-Eye Sprites, Jag XK 140s and the like. I've been dealing with Peter Baylis of Clanfield Coachbuilding (http://www.coachbuildingoxford.com/) - Don't be put off by his web-site!. Peter is very personable and easy to talk to. Give him a call if its not too far away, and ask him if he or other little businesses at Little Clanfield could help.

Peter and the on-site auto painter (Mick Blewitt) are dealing with the wire-wheels for my vintage MG and "Cash speaks" or so I'm told (whatever that might mean!)

I'm going to be approaching them regarding another job on a 1980s vehicle that I'm going to post an article about in these forums later - maybe later today.

« Last Edit: 03 May 2017, 11:18:28 AM by Max Headroom »

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2017, 01:28:57 PM »
Not got it sorted. More than likely just MOT and service it then sell on.