Workshop for current Saab models > Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon / Convertible / Combi (Wagon/Estate) / Turbo X / AWD (2003 on)

Replacement 9-3 key case

(1/5) > >>

Audax:
Can anyone recommend a 9-3 key case that doesn't have the plastic buttons and is a functional equivalent of the original Saab case? Our spare key is going very very sticky and is going to start falling apart soon, I'd prefer to be buying a good case so if someone can suggest one they've actually purchased and used that would be great.

sgould:
Someone has recommended one over on UKSaabs in the last couple of weeks.  It comes with a new (uncut) blade.  I tried to find it, but I couldn't...  Costs about £10

I have one that's got the proper buttons.  it was fine and I replaced the cases on the old Vector.  Those keys went with the car.  I bought what I thought were the same cases for the Carlsson.  They work OK, but they keep coming slightly apart on one side. :(  Mine were about £6 each and didn't have the blade.

I replaced the sticky rubber on the 9-5 key with "Sugru".  That worked well and it stayed on for over a year.  When I redo it, I will key it to the body better.  https://sugru.com

Audax:
Yeah, the UK Saabs thread seems to have been deleted?!

Anyhow, I did find someone on Amazon selling a key with uncut blade for about £10 on amazon but that has fairly poor reviews, the only other one I've found is on ebay: 162195348082.

I love Sugru too, I've been using it for a few years now to repair stuff. Shame it won't repair a 9-3 key case.  ;)

Geoff1951:
 That Sugru's interesting stuff.

Mods - maybe make this thread a sticky?

::)

Audax:
I have now ordered 162195348082 from ebay and will report back when I get it. If this doesn't work out then I think I have found another seller in Ireland who has cases with clicky buttons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version