Workshop for current Saab models > Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon / Convertible / Combi (Wagon/Estate) / Turbo X / AWD (2003 on)

Approaching a milestone

(1/4) > >>

Steve McF:
I only do a couple of thousand miles a year in the Aero at the moment, so when i bought it at the end of 2017, i think it had just under 94k on the clock.

It's now got about 99,960, so I've parked it up and resumed using my 107 for the moment....don't want to miss that magic 100k when it happens :D, which I will do if I just use it for work. Will get back and see I've got 100,005 miles on the clock before I notice :D

Audax:
In a 9-5 I carefully setup the milometer so it would read 123,456 789.0 (the 789.0 in the current trip part), of course what happened was that a friend who I hadn't seen in several years had a car going into a local garage and wanted to meet up with me and talk to me about a job he had going, this was all going to be OK until unexpectedly his car needed to dropped off a day early and after picking him up and driving with him while engrossed in chat I noticed when we had done 123457 790.3 or something  :-X

I should check the 9-3 as it must be starting to come up for around that mileage now!

Geoff1951:

Sorry this is so big!  This took a lot of careful planning when I had my 9-5. The final few hundred yards were difficult, crawling round the local housing estate !

sgould:
I set up my 9-5 to do some different readings.

After 100,000 miles, which I have done in an Austin Metro (!!) - not all mine.  My Austin Montego and Rover 620 both did over 100,000 miles from new.  Then I did 100,000 in my last 9-5 saloon, and now the current car has gone from 10,000 miles to 172,000 miles.

Here's a couple of photos.  Sorry Audax...

carrera:
I'll just leave this here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version