Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Plastic rods if anything like our old 206.

We had a couple snap in the 8 years we owned ours and it casued 'quite some fun' driving it like that.
Is the gearchange a rod or a cable? 
Classic Saab 9-5 (MY 1998-2010) / New steering rack
« Last post by sgould on 16 September 2021, 08:45:21 PM »
Delivered today.  Maybe the last one in the country... :o 

Apparently no stock at Saab/Orio

Hopefully I'll get the car back soon.

Had a strange occurrence coming home from work in my Peugeot 107 tonight. Pulled up in traffic, and then could not get the gear lever out of second gear to put it back into first.

Clutch is fine, not slipping, and I've never had the issue before. As the traffic was about to start moving again, I was getting a bit frantic but the lever was locked in position.

I lifted the clutch pedal thinking it was going to stall, but I got a slight grinding of the gear noise, so put the clutch down again, and then was able to get it out of second and into first on time to pull away!!!

But it did it again a minute or two further down the road. I pulled over, and after a bit of messing about, got it out of second and was on my way again.

Question is, what could be wrong? Car has about 70k on the clock, full history, recent service/MOT, and I've had the car for 10 years. Any ideas??
Announcements & Events / Re: Saab Autumn Meet - Warwick. Sat 11th Sept
« Last post by sgould on 14 September 2021, 09:15:20 PM »
They might.  But it depends on whether they charge a fee, and how much. 

We had a visit to the museum by our local group, but it wasn't any more than that.  We arranged a conducted tour on that occasion.
« Last post by Steve McF on 14 September 2021, 08:57:37 PM »
Would they ever hold a Saab day at the British Motor Museum / formerly the Heritage Centre at Gaydon?
« Last post by sgould on 14 September 2021, 01:15:42 PM »
There were some very shiny cars there, as well as some ordinary ones.  I drove up on Friday afternoon and the sat nav sent me up the A41 through Aylesbury because the M25 was a carpark.  Unfortunately it rained as I went through the HS2 roadworks and I had to tour Leamington to fnd a car wash on the way to Hatton.

They are planning a repeat around the same time next year.
« Last post by Steve McF on 14 September 2021, 12:54:52 PM »
Oh no I missed this - I never even saw the post......not that the Aero is in tip top condition of course :D But he has just passed the MOT with only a faded number plate as an advisory (but don't mention the rattling a/c compressor, and minor rust  :o).
Saab in the news / Re: Koenigsegg buy out NEVS in joint venture
« Last post by welshwizard on 13 September 2021, 04:28:13 PM »
2 comments:

Christian vK doesn't seem to age does he?

I thought the plan was to build the Gemera at Trollhattan.  Why build a new factory while Stallbacka remains for all purposes empty.  Sono Motors doesn't seem to be producing much.
« Last post by welshwizard on 13 September 2021, 04:24:54 PM »
Sadly wrong direction for me as I had to drop off Mission Control at Gatwick - the drive home was SLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW.

Helga seems to be showing another sign of old age - sloppy gear change lever - very difficult to select 3rd or 4th.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10