Author Topic: Central locking fuse blown  (Read 4404 times)

fka

• Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Central locking fuse blown
« Reply #15 on: 04 March 2020, 08:16:07 PM »
makes sense. thank you both!

fka

• Super Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2020, 06:16:43 PM »
Got round to this today. Took the actuator/motor apart and it is a motor. Managed to free it up but the motor is now completely dead and it stinks so no hope of resurrecting it. I've put it back in with the arm extended just enough to plug the hole and left it disconnected.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2020, 07:15:34 PM »
Interesting that it's a motor, after all.  I would have thought that, given the reversing current, a solenoid wi=ould have been easier.  But on the plus side a screw drive to and fro has the advantage that it cannot just be pushed back from the outside.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

fka

• Super Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 March 2020, 08:01:35 PM »
To be honest I'd not really thought it through when I made that comment. I'd presumed because it was a reversing current that it must be a motor. I'd thought a solenoid would be sprung either open or closed - but then you'd need to supply a permanent current to keep it either open or closed, so that wouldn't work. And a solenoid is a linear motor of sorts. And yes the arm is not for the moving unless you wind the cogs..
Either way mines FUBAR. I could smell it as soon as I got the case open.