Author Topic: Anti-Pinch on drivers window  (Read 6981 times)

Carmadone

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 2
  • 2006 Saab 9 3 Vector Sport SS TiD (150)
    • View Profile
Anti-Pinch on drivers window
« on: 16 September 2011, 10:19:42 PM »
Things have been so quiet for about 18 months, looks like time for problems again!

Today I had the the drivers door window open.  I parked up went to close it and when it was half way up, back down it went!  It did this several times, half way up and then straight back down.  Eventually I put my hands against it and helped force it up past the "sticking point" - it went up and once closed I turned off the ignition.

It's been OK since.  Once I got home and put it in the garage I tried it over a dozen times and no problems.  Is this a sign of things to come, does anyone know?

john

• SST paid up supporter
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 12
  • 2020 Volvo S60 Polestar, 2020 BMW RNineT Scrambler
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Pinch on drivers window
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2011, 09:03:13 AM »
Hopefully just a glitch that your action fixed.

phoenix

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2011, 09:20:42 AM »
Might be worth carrying out a re-calibration of the pinch protection:

1. Close the window.
CV: Close the door and soft top.
2. Reset the pinch protection by removing and fitting fuse F5 from the instrument panel electrical centre (IPEC). The pinch protection for both door modules is now reset and both front windows can be programmed.
3. Start the car.
4. Lower the window fully. Hold the button depressed during the entire operation.
5. Raise the window fully. Hold the button up during the entire operation. Wait for at least 1 second when the window is in the top position.
6. Lower the window fully. Hold the button depressed during the entire operation.
7. Raise the window fully. Hold the button up during the entire operation. Wait for at least 1 second when the window is in the top position.
8. When calibration has been completed an audible confirmation is heard. In the event that there is no audible confirmation, repeat the procedure.

Carmadone

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 2
  • 2006 Saab 9 3 Vector Sport SS TiD (150)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2011, 07:54:09 PM »
I hope so b204r - I've not heard of a problem like this with the windows.  I shall keep my fingers crossed!  Thanks phoenix, that's right, I'd forgotten there was a calibration procedure.  I checked and the "auto open/close" wasn't working anymore,  Re-calibrated and all is well now.  I've tried it many times times today and all seems OK - glad I got it shut yesterday though as it had just started to pour with rain!  You don't get the chance to open windows much here anyway!