Workshop for current Saab models > New Saab 9-5 (2010 on)

Timeless NG 9-5?

(1/2) > >>

Steve McF:
https://jalopnik.com/what-car-s-design-unexpectedly-held-up-the-longest-1850488212?utm_campaign=Jalopnik&utm_content=1685550610&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook

welshwizard:
I guess it has stood the test of time because there was no replacement...

Considering the 9-3 was launched 21 years ago :o it has aged much better than most of its contemporaries...

carrera:
I suppose i might have to have a dabble with one one day..... but the specs seems confusing, at least to me

I'm afraid, like the DE, I don't find it a pretty car, but I have a couple of those anyway. Such a shame more estates weren't made, even in LHD

welshwizard:

--- Quote from: carrera on 07 June 2023, 09:48:05 PM ---I suppose i might have to have a dabble with one one day..... but the specs seems confusing, at least to me

--- End quote ---

Just 2 trim levels for the UK. Vector and Aero; just that you could get a very well specced Vector and a poverty spec Aero - seem some with the green screens.  That was supposed to be put right for 2012 models.

--- Quote from: carrera on 07 June 2023, 09:48:05 PM ---I'm afraid, like the DE, I don't find it a pretty car, but I have a couple of those anyway. Such a shame more estates weren't made, even in LHD

--- End quote ---

It was supposed to have come out in 2005/2006, that's why the Dame Edna was rushed out.

Audax:
All cars of the past 25 years look pretty bland, everyone is trying to make stuff with mass market appeal which rules out anything exceptional combined with the standards on safety and emissions means they are all using the same safety and aerodynamic models which means doing anything out of the ordinary is too risky.

The NG9-5 looks OK as it seems to have channeled the best parts of what everyone else has come up with but like everything else is ultimately very forgettable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version