Author Topic: Touring...  (Read 2786 times)

Kazza

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
  • Every days a school day...
    • View Profile
Touring...
« on: 25 July 2012, 10:53:29 PM »
Hi all,newbie here,

Am new to the saab scene and just purchased a 2002 2.0 lpt vector estate in black  with 156,000 kilometres recently!
I was living in Gloucester up until last week,and bought the car with the intention of driving through France and Spain to reside there.
Well,left gloucester on Sun night with missus and 2 kids  and had a steady plod through France and mainland Spain and arrived Wednesday night !
What can I say?-
The car was fantastic! Never missed a beat,travelled in comfort and even MPG was not to be sniffed at...
I was slightly concerned about having to do so many mies(1800 give or take) in an untested motor,given that I'd only purchased it recently, but was was over the moon in the way it performed!
I think plenty more touring is on the cards!

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Touring...
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2012, 11:28:03 PM »
Welcome! :)

I have driven my various 9-5's all over Europe.  That sort of driving suits the 9-5 down to the ground.

We've been from London to Florence, Malaga, Berlin, Vienna, Budapest, many other places that are not quite as far.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2012, 11:29:28 PM »
Hi Kazza and welcome!  8)

You say you were living in Gloucester - are you not in Gloucester now? ...I'm not a million miles from Gloucester!

Anyway, sounds like you have done well!

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 27
  • No longer Saab now Nippon Express 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2012, 10:15:42 AM »
Saab on Tour - sounds good to me. Just bought a van for the lads as a tour bus .............................

Welcome Kazza