Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Classic Saab 9-5 (MY 1998-2010) / Re: 2.2 Diesel, non starter P0607 (6)
« Last post by Audax on 09 May 2022, 01:54:23 PM »
It might mean something but in the context of the Saab diagnostics it doesn't make a difference, for the second question, yes it's a big job to swap out the diesel pump, starting to fall into the realms of uneconomical would be my suggestion.
Sounds like there was less disruption!!!   :D
Off-topic chat, Help, Advice, General motoring issues / Re: Tyre cracks
« Last post by sgould on 08 May 2022, 11:09:39 PM »
I have Nokian winter tyres on the Carlsson at the moment and they are very good.  With those tyres and the XWD, the Carlsson was the only car to get up our hill in the snow.  Lots of cars got stuck.  Lots came down the hill...  I took the car to go shopping, but had to come back home because a bus had got stuck across the main road at the top of our hill.  You can see the stranded cars ahead to the right at the start of the youtube clip, plus one or two as I start to climb the hill.

I'm thinking of getting some Michelin Cross Climate tyres and not bothering to change twice a year on two cars.  That would allow me to make more room in my shed, by getting rid of the 18 inch Ronals...

https://youtu.be/qRnAdYHaDYc

That's a result, but insignificant compared to what was done in Chicago. People just carried on working.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raising_of_Chicago
« Last post by carrera on 08 May 2022, 10:41:01 PM »
At least the tyres re made in Russia, the ones failing recently were made in the USSR

Agree with Audax, but if the tread is low, then there's not much value to be saved

Always fancied a set of Noian winter tyres, but they are pricey
Classic Saab 9-5 (MY 1998-2010) / Re: 2.2 Diesel, non starter P0607 (6)
« Last post by carrera on 08 May 2022, 10:26:09 PM »
Yeah, nothing more in WIS, but the sub code must mean something, to someone, somewhere.

It's a right pain swapping pumps over isn't it ?
« Last post by sgould on 08 May 2022, 09:40:58 PM »
Thanks!
« Last post by Audax on 08 May 2022, 09:34:31 PM »
Lack of quality in Russian made tyres.... a lot of that about right now.

I think you'll be fine, but I would not be pushing for high speed, would consider it one of two ways. If you want to go as fast as possible all the time, replace the tyres, if you are going to drive at sensible speeds then there's no reason to suspect a catastrophic failure any more than you may get from a stray screw on the highway.
Off-topic chat, Help, Advice, General motoring issues / Tyre cracks
« Last post by sgould on 08 May 2022, 09:15:52 PM »
I posted this on the other forum to ask for comments and to get some direct views this afternoon at Swedish Day.  Comments were mixed.  What do you lot think.

Four year old Nokian summer tyres 225/40 18 92Y XL with cracks in the rubber between each tread block on all shoulders an all four wheels.  I don't know how long the cracks have been there, it's an age since I cleaned the wheels and got that close!!

Car will be on the autobahn on the way to Sweden in four weeks...
Classic Saab 9-5 (MY 1998-2010) / Re: Noisy tappets - how bad can it be ?
« Last post by sgould on 08 May 2022, 08:58:45 PM »
Well done!! :). We have just got home from Swedish Day in Somerset.  Lots of noce old cars, but a couple of regulars missing because of failed MOTs.  One came to the show in a Mini!! :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10