Author Topic: Congratulations on the new forum  (Read 23507 times)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Congratulations on the new forum
« Reply #15 on: 30 June 2011, 11:56:54 AM »
As Kev_Mc says, it's all a bit new.

We recognise that there is a need for all relevant Saab information to be available, so we don't want to prevent traders from posting.

At the moment all help is useful.   Independent recommendation of a trader or supplier is fine. 

The only thing that is not allowed is anonymous self-promtion by a trader or their employee. 

We will allow a trader or supplier to post about their work, but they must identify themselves as a trader, either by user name or the "Custom Title"/"Personal Text".  Preferably in the Classified section.  This is all currently under review and we may change things in future.

Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

dustydes

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 June 2011, 02:33:21 PM »
Good luck guys.
Looking on the bright side, if we all got a second chance of a new life i'm sure we would make it better, no matter how good it was before.
And it was good.

Louis

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 June 2011, 04:59:16 PM »
Good luck guys.
Looking on the bright side, if we all got a second chance of a new life i'm sure we would make it better, no matter how good it was before.
And it was good.

Word well said  8)

john millar

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 June 2011, 09:43:50 PM »
Nice to see another Saab Forum  8) 8)

Is John Winter heading the forum like he did Saabscene, or it it independent of himself and elkparts.

JFP_turbo

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 June 2011, 10:25:57 PM »
Hello Folks,
I was thinking back to the start of the "other forum" and what had changed since. In fact very little except the wife and I have gone from 2*9000s to 2*9-5s.

Goog luck with the new forum, and thanks in advance for all the advice.

aerojon

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 June 2011, 10:39:43 PM »
evening guys..

All the best for the new forum..

Wulf

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 July 2011, 04:48:45 AM »
Just stopping by and wish you good luck with the new forum!  From what I understand, there are many members from SaabScene here?  Are most of you based in the UK?

A few of us from SaabCentral were tired of the way things were run over there so we started a forum (saabworld.net) ourselves last year.  And earlier this year, they were bought out by VerticalScope as well.  I have never been active on SaabScene but I heard things were going downhill there after VS took over.

It's great to see more of these independent forums without annoying advertising coming online.  From experience, starting a forum can be challenging but it looks like you guys have made a great start so far. 

Who's the guy that runs the Twitter account for STT?  He seems to know me but I am not sure who he is.  Step forward please.. :)

James

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Linear
  • Number of thanks: 3
  • 1994 C900 Convertible
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 July 2011, 05:24:59 AM »
Hello Folks,
I was thinking back to the start of the "other forum" and what had changed since. In fact very little except the wife and I have gone from 2*9000s to 2*9-5s.

Goog luck with the new forum, and thanks in advance for all the advice.

IIRC when SaabScene started I had a 1994 900 Convertible.  Now I have ... A 1994 900 Convertible. All that's changed is that "she" thinks this one's hers. And we don't need child seats in the back any more :D

TFatC

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 July 2011, 08:01:51 AM »
Just to add my best wishes for the new forum.  8)

Plenty of room for all, and I know how difficult it can be to get the balance right on a forum! Best of luck, and if I can help with any advice, just ask.

Nick

phoenix

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 July 2011, 08:15:45 AM »
Thanks Nick :)

Answering a couple of other queries, the forum is a collective collaboration between the former Saabscene moderators with a couple of new faces.

Yes, members are predominantly UK based but we openly welcome Saab folk from all around the globe 8)

Saabman

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 20
  • 9-3 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 July 2011, 01:27:56 PM »
I wasn't around at the start of Saabscene but was for about 9 1/2 yrs? When was Saabscene started?

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 July 2011, 01:38:04 PM »
I wasn't around at the start of Saabscene but was for about 9 1/2 yrs? When was Saabscene started?

Found a post from June 2000, though not sure when it started - I've got a screen dump somewhere from the original forum - I'll have to dig it out.

I started on the SwissBank forums - think that was around 1996! One of the oldest Saab groups that's still going is SAABEC which goes back to 1999 ish or probably earlier. Thinking about it, SAABEC may have been formed when the Swissbank list had to stop.... James and I are both still on there. It's a good group, though the format is old.

john

• SST paid up supporter
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 12
  • 2020 Volvo S60 Polestar, 2020 BMW RNineT Scrambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 July 2011, 01:42:18 PM »

Found a post from June 2000, though not sure when it started - I've got a screen dump somewhere from the original forum - I'll have to dig it out.

I started on the SwissBank forums - think that was around 1996! One of the oldest Saab groups that's still going is SAABEC which goes back to 1999 ish or probably earlier. Thinking about it, SAABEC may have been formed when the Swissbank list had to stop.... James and I are both still on there. It's a good group, though the format is old.

Kev, I think June 2000 probably was when Saabscene started.  Although not called Saabscene until a little while later, it was originally hosted as a forum at The Saab Pages on www.saabs.co.uk which, in turn, had grown out of The Saab Pages mailing list which was established after the demise of the Swissbank Saab mailing listSaabec was the other mailing list that was established after the Swissbank list closed.

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 July 2011, 01:45:21 PM »
The SwissBank list goes back to 1992/1993 apparently  :o

john

• SST paid up supporter
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 12
  • 2020 Volvo S60 Polestar, 2020 BMW RNineT Scrambler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 July 2011, 01:48:42 PM »
Wow, I only got on the interwebs on 1st Dec 1995.  (Placed my first ecommerce order for a CD from the USA a couple of days later! 8) )