Author Topic: Headlamp washer replacement on 9-3  (Read 1630 times)

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
Headlamp washer replacement on 9-3
« on: 13 October 2018, 05:15:05 PM »
Today I finally got around to replacing the headlamp washer jet for the drivers side after I lost one of the sprayer nozzles a few months ago.

I sourced an aftermarket replacement from a seller in Poland via ebay for £31 which is far cheaper than a genuine Saab part which is about £80! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEADLAMP-HEADLIGHT-WASHER-NOZZLE-JET-SPRAYER-RIGHT-RH-FOR-SAAB-9-3-93-2003-2012/273056419371

One thing that I have noticed with the old washer nozzle off the car is that you can remove the little ball part with needle nose pliers so I'm going to keep the broken unit so that if in the future I lose another nozzle I have a spare, probably worth saying that I had to replace the passenger side earlier this year and the drivers side failed 6 months later so it may be that the plastic gets fatigued after 11 years on the car.

Some of this won't make sense unless you're doing the job but it's here for reference. Removing the nozzle was a bit tricky however I cheated and only removed the 3 screws in the wheel arch on the drivers side and the 6 clips that hold the top of the bumper skin on and peeled the bumper back rather than go for removing the whole bumper (which is what the workshop manual says to do). If you do this job and are struggling to release the nozzle then you have to push very very hard on the clip to make it open up, I removed the washer hose from the joint so that I could handle it a bit more easily and then put the hose back on the joint before pushing it into the nozzle.