Author Topic: STRANGE HEADLIGHT BEHAVIOUR  (Read 2132 times)

collywobble

• High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 16
  • 2.2 TiD Linear Estate
    • View Profile
    • Colin Brown Environmental Ltd.
STRANGE HEADLIGHT BEHAVIOUR
« on: 11 December 2017, 12:55:09 PM »
When locking the car the headlights stay on for a couple on minutes, day time or night time. SWMBO who drives the car to work everyday tells me that it only happens in the winter. I have questioned her about setting the 'follow me home' function and she assures me that she doesn't.

Faulty headlamp relay or earth?

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: STRANGE HEADLIGHT BEHAVIOUR
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2017, 03:50:22 PM »
No help from me, other than to say I've heard of it happening before. So you are not alone...

Sadly I don't know the cure. :(
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2017, 04:04:23 PM »
All I can suggest is either SWMBO is wrong (good luck with arguing that one) or that the DICE module is faulty and/or needs a hard reset. There are several fuses for the DICE module so I'd suggest doing battery disconnect to make sure, however I have also known bad electrical contacts to cause gremlins with the DICE and removing the DICE module from the car and putting it back in has resolved them. It lives in the drivers foot well quite high up and isn't pleasant to remove at this time of year either.

collywobble

• High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 16
  • 2.2 TiD Linear Estate
    • View Profile
    • Colin Brown Environmental Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2017, 07:53:36 AM »
Update on the strange headlight behaviour.

Go out this morning to de-ice car for SWMBO.  Engine running, air-con on, no lights on.  She tells me to switch engine off and voila - the headlights (dipped beam)  come on!  Start car again and they go off!  She says it only happens in the winter - so is the cold and damp air causing a faulty earth to make the headlamps come on?