Author Topic: Saab 2006 9-3 airbag warning  (Read 1673 times)

Oldcolner

• Airflow
  • Number of thanks: 0
  • Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible 2006
    • View Profile
Saab 2006 9-3 airbag warning
« on: 14 June 2019, 11:33:33 PM »
After cleaning the carpets I got a warning that the airbags were faulty. Found there’s some connection under the seat that may have failed. Checked and sure enough my brushing had touched it whatever it is. Fiddled with the connections and all now seems well.
This car certainly has its foibles.

Oldcolner

• Airflow
    • View Profile
Re: Saab 2006 9-3 airbag warning
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2019, 01:43:23 PM »
Had this again on passenger seat after moving it roughly to get seat back to flex forwarded. Fiddled again and all was well till today when after leaving it overnight the light came on again and isn’t cured by fiddling on either seat.
Read there has been a recall on this but no idea if it was done also there are sensor clips on the interior seat rail that my be dislodged by hoovering so that’s my next bet, but I’ve no idea what I’m looking for, also read it may be a steering wheel problem.
Anyone else had issues on here?
Found the Clear button at least takes the warning down from the dash.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2019, 01:45:49 PM by Oldcolner »

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2019, 03:00:53 PM »
I would look at the seat position sensor on the seat rail first.  There's one on each front seat.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Oldcolner

• Airflow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2019, 11:21:35 PM »
Thanks one was loose from the rail. I put it back on but light still showed, only to find a tiny fuse like piece of practice with two metal prongs coming from it. I just found this video which  calls it a locking pin. Hope fitting that solves the problem. New ones seem to cost £100!
https://youtu.be/btKlBpGZZYQ