Author Topic: great car but 2 new problems  (Read 3348 times)

saab al

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
great car but 2 new problems
« on: 22 January 2013, 07:18:59 PM »
Hi all, I have a 2007 internal face lift 93 vector 2t, it is by far the best and most reliable car in my potted history.

However, have 2 issues that have recently cropped up:

First is the cigarette lighter appears to have lost its connection and no longer charges sat nav/phone whilst may seem superficial means that I get lost more often I'd like. The metal cylinder housing the lighter has I suspect been pulled out by an over zealous removal of charger but not sure if this might have disconnected wires or blown a fuse, to be honest I wouldn't know where to look or how to check so any help on this hopefully simple matter would he really appreciated.

Second, the rear right window has developed a horrible grinding noise and have avoided opening since the first occurrence. Not a problem with the current weather but I'd like it if I could open the window confident that it'll close in the future.

Forgive the probably inane questions but my hands on experience is a little limited.

Thanks

Saab al

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: great car but 2 new problems
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2013, 07:42:05 PM »
You will need to get in there and have a look.  I've done the front and it was fairly easy.  The rear window looks easier still.

You need to remove the door trim.  Lever off the cover of the door pull.  Undo two Torx screws.  Pull off the door trim from the poppers at the bottom and unhook it from the window opening.

The window glass is clamped in a trough.  Use sticky tape to hold the glass in place.  Undo the clamp.  Then the lift pillar can be removed along with the motor.  Some of the rubber strips need levering off if the glass is to come out.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Alan

• Vector
  • Number of thanks: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2013, 12:36:25 AM »
Can't help with fixing the cig lighter but there should be another lighter socket in the cubby between the seats you can use for your phone and sat nav.

saab al

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2013, 07:24:26 PM »
Thanks for your replies, I will give the window a go this weekend, if I get a chance, and let you know how I get on. As for lighter socket, there is a second socket in the central cubby behind handbrake but that's never worked and I suspect never connected at birth.

Cheers.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2013, 10:59:31 PM »
The bits....
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2013, 11:20:39 PM »
Cigarette lighter by the ashtray is fed from fuse 22 in the box at the end of the dashboard.

saab al

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2013, 11:04:00 PM »
Thanks for all the help guys, the cigarette lighter problem was a blown fuse, luckily.  Even I can manage that, just! Window issue next on the list.

aerojon

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2013, 11:50:40 PM »
window will more than likely be a fubarred regulator..