Author Topic: Hesitation under full throttle  (Read 2015 times)

Steve440

• High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 17
  • Life is to short to drive slowly
    • View Profile
Hesitation under full throttle
« on: 20 July 2012, 03:54:41 PM »
I have noticed recently that my 2002 Aero manual has a slight hesitation under full throttle from low speed. It does not do it all the time but say as you come out of a round about at full power in 3rd there is slight hesitation. It goes after a second.

In the last 6 month plugs, CPS, Coil pack and a throttle body overhaul and Turbo about 10 months ago.

All the hoses are in good order and there are no warning lights or error codes.

I have monitored it on my OBD2 and it seems to go slightly lean for a second according to the Lambdas.

Do they all do this and ive only just noticed it or is this a sign of something going wrong?

I recently had to put normal unleaded in as they had sold out of Super, could this be it? I did run it down and refilled with Super the next time. It always gets BP normally.

Thanks

Steve

ScarbSaab

• SST paid up supporter
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 14
  • 04 9-5 Aero Estate, 08 9-5 Aero Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: Hesitation under full throttle
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2012, 04:40:26 PM »
Had a similar sensation in my '04 auto, but never checked the lambda readings. I've cleaned the MAF sensor with a spray specifically for it, and sprayed the butterfly in the throttle body with carb cleaner, in case it was sticking slightly. It seems to idle smoother and pick up better, though it is still going to get a bottle of Petrol Magic on the next tankful.