Author Topic: Sit in the Back  (Read 3640 times)

nine-fiver

• Aero
  • Number of thanks: 30
  • Hirsched
    • View Profile
Sit in the Back
« on: 25 March 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
Something you should consider doing. Get someone to drive you about while you sit in the back. It is such a different experience. I did it today, not by choice, but it ended up being a real highlight. Much quieter and more refined. Vision is excellent and the air circulation is brilliant. The seats are fantastic and there is so much room, even with two ipads plugged in. The dash looks majestic and very unique, but the best thing is the feeling of real solidity and safety. Takes me right back to the Melbourne motor show (when we actually had them) and saw the wagon hanging from the roof off its cargo rail hooks, and then sat in it, ...gobsmacked.
Very possibly have fallen for the car all over again. Give it a go...

David

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 13
  • Great Western Saabs
    • View Profile
Re: Sit in the Back
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2015, 01:20:11 PM »
I sat in the back when we went for a test drive in my 9.5. You do get a different perspective/experience from there  8)

pompey

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2015, 02:02:34 PM »
Whenever we get back from a trip my 2 year old son has to have his turn "driving" the car and, because I can't sit in the passenger seat on account of my eldest son's car seat, I opt to sit in the back to keep an eye on what the little monkey is pressing, etc. Even though the car is parked its still clear that it's a pleasant place to be on a journey.

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 27
  • No longer Saab now Nippon Express 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2015, 04:28:19 PM »
I did it once with my eldest driving and putting it through it's paces - yep pretty amazing place just a shame they breakdown to often!

mikeloadsasaabs

• Aero
  • Number of thanks: 23
  • Was 9-5 Aero auto estate with Maptun Stage 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2015, 09:01:57 PM »
I did it once with my eldest driving and putting it through it's paces - yep pretty amazing place just a shame they breakdown to often!
Not all of them Jim, mine's only failed on me twice in 8 years, once 300 yards from home (DI), and the end of last year in the middle of a city rush hour (CPS, unusually without warning)  :P Not a bad record at 223,000 miles

I've spent a bit of time in the back of ours, and yes, it's a nice relaxing and comfortable place to be. And provides a different perspective, not always to the good, as you hear those slightly strange rattles and bangs that shouldn't be there  ::)

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2015, 10:49:00 PM »
Yeh - sorry Mike I should have narrowed it down to this 1.9 engine as my aero was superb car like yours. That was turbo and usual things but never ever once failed to start....................

When this one has had a good wash I will put it up for sale while its running well and see what else is out there for the money I want to spend. Newer Aero's are like hens teeth and thirsty so I'm now looking at 2007/8 Subaru Legacy Estates with the excellent 2.0 non turbo engine with 162 - I can get that mapped to 190 which is what they had in Japan and de-tuned for UK......we'll see.

Geoff1951

• SST paid up supporter
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 22
  • Sadly Saabless, but with a new mistress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2015, 04:55:31 PM »
So, where would you rather sit? For me, no contest - driver's seat.  That's where all the fun starts from.

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 March 2015, 09:27:02 AM »
Of course if you are sitting in the back you must have won the lottery and have your own chauffeur now. Otherwise as Geoff says drive baby drive and have fun..........

I explained the other day to someone I have two driving modes -

Option 1 - SWIMBO in the car and adhere to all speed limits and sedate driving.
Option 2 - driving to cars parameters and enjoy everything it was designed for.

Which option do you find you spend the most time doing??