Author Topic: Door lock actuator question  (Read 1999 times)

nine-fiver

• Aero
  • Number of thanks: 30
  • Hirsched
    • View Profile
Door lock actuator question
« on: 29 August 2015, 05:05:52 AM »
Hi All,

It's been a while. Not much action lately it seems...

My driver's side front door lock is playing up. The signal seems to be getting through to the mechanism, but the button isn't going up or down when you press the key fob buttons. I've had the door card off and poked about but it all seems connected correctly. There is a mechanical jolt felt through the lock itself but the magnetic resistance of the solenoid seems to be absent.

They have changed the security gate sensor to get into the carpark at work, and leaning out the window at a stretch sees the button pushed down by your arm, which has probably finished off the solenoid. I figure after 10 years, it is worn out and just needs replacing.

Is this a Tech -2 type of thing to get the car to recognise a new unit, once it is in? Is it a tricky job replacing the mechanism?

Suggestions welcome please.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Door lock actuator question
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2015, 09:56:31 AM »
I've had the lock out.  I think the guy that replaced the broken side window damaged the lock.  I didnt need a Tech2 to fit the new one.

The only thing that might be a problem is that your 2003 looks the same as ours.  Saab changed the plastic clamp at the bottom of the rod from the inside door button.  If you get a newer lock, get the newer connections with it.  I'm not near my info and pictures until much later tonight.  I'll try and remember to post some later.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2015, 10:15:36 AM by sgould »
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.