Author Topic: Split Intercooler Pipe  (Read 1378 times)

Yeatus Fajitus

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Split Intercooler Pipe
« on: 21 September 2020, 08:08:24 PM »
Hi All

I took the car out earlier, it is currently smelling a bit fumey on startup, today there was a visible puff of exhaust/gas from under the bonnet. My initial thoughts were that the flexicoupling on the exhaust is going, The sounds I am hearing when the car is moving seem similar and seem to be getting worse although not as noisy as the last time it happened. However, I had a quick look under the bonnet after getting home in limp mode and I spotted a plit intercooler hose.

Could any of you folks recommend a good hose to get that I can get delivered quickly, preferably with the jubilee clips with the hose. I can see loads on ebay/amazon but I don't know whether they could be trusted.

Is there anything I should be wary of if I change it myself, or will this be relatively straightforward?

58 Saab 9-3 Aero 1.9 TTiD
« Last Edit: 21 September 2020, 08:22:54 PM by Yeatus Fajitus »

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Split Intercooler Pipe
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2020, 08:53:34 PM »
DO88 are good pipes.  www.partsforsaabs.com keep them.  Looks like the DO88 ones come in two parts.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

wrighar

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Split Intercooler Pipe
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2020, 10:55:05 PM »
That's a common problem with the top inlet pipe on the TTid  (30psi takes it's toll)

both a standard rubber and a silicone replacement are available 12822777

£20-£42

https://www.neobrothers.co.uk/search/12822777

or £102
https://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?products_id=4680