Workshop for classic Saab models > Saab 9000 (1984-1998)

New 9000 acquisition

(1/16) > >>

carrera:
This week I collected this, a '97 2.3 CSE, quite a bit of history, 132k miles, but stood for a while....

I gave her a quick wash' n polish today

Now I need to decide what to do with her.

Needs a pair of headlights, rear panel, exhaust is broken at centre cat, SRS light will not go out & alternator seems a bit lazy at 11.6v. Nice & clean interior.

sgould:
I always used to fancy a 9000, but they were just too expensive.  When I bought my last new car, forced by a need for a car with no sunroof because i'm tall, I ended up  with a Rover 620i.  The Rover was £13000 on the road, the Saab non-turbo was £18000.

phoenix:
Nice. That reminds me I need to sort the MOT on mine!

carrera:
I have been ordering / collecting various 9000 bits this week. I'm hoping to get some of them fitted over the weekend, but have friends visiting the area so will be spending some time with them.

Biggest challenge might be the SRS problem. There's an error code (can't remember which one), which comes back immediately after clearing. The horn has been removed & someone has suggested this might mean it's the clock spring.

A bit of internet sleuthing has resulted in having Service Manual 8.6 - the SRS bit, so I might have half a chance of diagnosing the problem, rather than part swapping.

I have high hopes for the new voltage regulator, with much longer brushes than are currently fitted  :)

carrera:
Well, mixed results this morning:

Voltage regulator: Didn't fit, grrr

SRS Module: Got it out and it's definitely faulty

Seems like it might just be a couple of resistors, but I would need to find out / confirm the rating & I think I need to get a magnifying light to do this work. The top of the board is undamaged

So there has to be some good news. Well I was curious as to whether it was a 170 hp LPT or a 200 hp FPT, so armed with a 9000 VIN decoder took a look.

Well, to discover that it is fitted with a B234R engine was a bit of a surprise to say the least  :Fawlty: :thumbsup:  VIN is YS3CFR65R7W1xxxxxx if anyone else would like to check. I can't see any other Aero bits. I'm very confused.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version