Author Topic: Traction control light staying on after an emergency stop. 2010 V6 Carlsson.  (Read 1271 times)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
SWMBO came to collect me from the station this evening.  Apparently someone pulled out in front of her and she had to stop quickly. The Traction Control light has come on and shows that the system is turned off.

I have checked the dashboard settings and that shows the ESP is OFF, but it refuses all attempts to turn it on.  So I suspect a fault.

Any ideas?

« Last Edit: 14 June 2023, 11:46:43 PM by sgould »
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
Tech2 says Yaw Sensor - Internal failure :(
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 

TomPaine

• SST paid up supporter
  • High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 17
  • MY04 9-5 Aero auto estate
    • View Profile
What's the fix there Will?

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
Probably a replacement unit.  The yaw sensor for the XWD is not the same as the standard one, but it is the same as some Vauxhalls, which moderates the price, if I can find one.

But I may take the current one out and see if it's fixable. I've seen pictures and it looks as if it's held together with screws.  But if it's not fixable, the car will be off the road until a new one arrives.  I've only found the part on EU sites so far.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2023, 11:45:58 PM by sgould »

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
Had a longer play this evening.  I managed to clear the fault code and the light went off.  I have taken it for a drive and tried to repeat the emergency stop that caused the light to come on.  But there's too much traffic about to do a real hard stop.  And the roads are dry. Thhey were damp yesterday and the ABS was triggered. i can't get the ABS to trigger on a dry road...

So, a possibly temporary, fix for now.

TomPaine

• SST paid up supporter
  • High Output Turbo
  • MY04 9-5 Aero auto estate
    • View Profile
Fingers crossed. My ABS/brake warning lights issue is similarly random - a hard stop doesn't trip them but they sometimes just come on randomly. Sensor methinks.

carrera

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
Had a longer play this evening.  I managed to clear the fault code and the light went off.  I have taken it for a drive and tried to repeat the emergency stop that caused the light to come on.  But there's too much traffic about to do a real hard stop.  And the roads are dry. Thhey were damp yesterday and the ABS was triggered. i can't get the ABS to trigger on a dry road...

You're obviously not trying hard enough  :) :Fawlty:

Did you get to the point of removing parts, or was it just a thorough Tech II session ?
9-5 Aero Estates, 2002 Cosmic Blue, 2003 Steel Grey, 2003 Graphite Green, 2004 9-5 Glacier Blue 2.0 saloon, 2004 Nocturne Blue 2.2 diesel estate, 2006 & 2008 Black Aero saloons, 1998 9000 CSE with Aero engine, 9-5 NG Aero XWD Turbo4, 9-5 NG Aero XWD TTiD

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
It was all Tech2 and a drive down the road.  I tried the brakes fairly hard but the car just slowed with no ABS kicking in.  It was too hot to try any hard labour.