Author Topic: Removing ignition key leaves radio on.  (Read 993 times)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Removing ignition key leaves radio on.
« on: 22 September 2023, 08:21:25 PM »
From time to time, and more frequently recently, the radio, etc. stay on when the key is removed.  I've tracked it down to one of the two plastic latches not moving towards the hole when the key is removed.  Is this an electronic fault, or is it just an issue that can be fixed with a bit of silicone spray?

The latch is definitely temperamental, as on occasion, it sticks and the key can't be removed. Starting the car and turning off again, usually sorts this.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

aerojon

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Removing ignition key leaves radio on.
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2023, 08:30:19 PM »
@sgould It's the pop up button that's at the base of the ism,that gets pushed down when the fob is inserted..If it stays down,the SCL won't engage,radio won't turn off(if on) and doors won't lock..System will think there is a fob in the ISM still..

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2023, 10:16:14 PM »
Thanks, I'll have another look. Although when I have felt down there, it seems to be all one piece and the only bits that seem to move are the two side latches. but if the up/down movement is operating the latches, then I may have to investigate further as it's only one latch that sticks.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

carrera

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2023, 04:32:07 PM »
Never worked on a 9-3, but I suspect it's a mechanical issue, similar to the issue that can affect the 9-5
9-5 Aero Estates, 2002 Cosmic Blue, 2003 Steel Grey, 2003 Graphite Green, 2004 9-5 Glacier Blue 2.0 saloon, 2004 Nocturne Blue 2.2 diesel estate, 2006 & 2008 Black Aero saloons, 1998 9000 CSE with Aero engine, 9-5 NG Aero XWD Turbo4, 9-5 NG Aero XWD TTiD

aerojon

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2023, 12:36:22 AM »
9-3 ISM is electronic..