Author Topic: Buying alloys from Neo Bros  (Read 2120 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Buying alloys from Neo Bros
« on: 16 May 2018, 09:48:38 AM »
I got a quote for a set of 9-3 Aero 17" alloy rims from neo Brothers for around £156. This included delivery, and the guy rang me up to say they are all checked on their machine to make sure they are not buckled etc.

They are second hand, so will more than likely need a refurb, but with no tyres on them, I could get that done quite quickly, and then get them on the car with new tyres. The tyres on my 18" wheels are getting low, so that would be just in time for the MOT, and then I could get them refurbed too :)

So does the price look good, and would you recommend buying from Neo Bros for such items?

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Buying alloys from Neo Bros
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2018, 01:13:34 PM »
I would treat secondhand stuff from Neo with caution. I would prefer to see the wheels in person before buying. Neos are fine for most stuff, but problems seem to start if things are not as expected.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2018, 01:15:46 PM by sgould »
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2018, 01:53:18 PM »
That's what I wondered as I hear mixed messages about them (Neo) from the Saab community.....

aerojon

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2018, 06:58:03 PM »
it was neo's that said to an owner few yrs back that there was no cd changer option for the boot on the 9-3SS,only the one for the dash..

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2018, 08:12:47 PM »
it was neo's that said to an owner few yrs back that there was no cd changer option for the boot on the 9-3SS,only the one for the dash..

To be fair to Neo, I didn't realise that there was an option for a CD player in the boot (or I had forgotten!). I think it must have been quite an obscure/rare option so I wouldn't expect someone on the phone to necessarily know every possible option on every possible car.