Author Topic: Newby says hi  (Read 4615 times)

ianswing

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Newby says hi
« on: 25 June 2012, 10:47:16 PM »
 ;D Hi, im from w/yorks  8) and have a 1997 900s convertable,bought her 3 years ago with 170k on the clock,only had her 3 weeks and drove across to spain with only fuel stops and the 8hr crossing to france  ;), really comfy car, she now resides in spain as a holiday car at our (mrs says "mobile home" ::)) i say caravan lol and comes back for a month for the MOT every nov, never missed a beat, nice quiet engine and ive never topped up the oil during changes, had a problem with the rear cover latch motor,caused by the heat and have a new motor arranged for me to fit on my return, she's now on 185k and may be on spanish plates soon,that'll cut down on the mileage and the climate should be easy on the body lol. Ian.

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
Re: Newby says hi
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2012, 11:43:27 PM »
Fantastic!  8)

Welcome aboard Ian and thanks for your introduction and photos! Hopefully you will find the forums informative and useful.

As a huge fan of open top cars I have to ask... Have you ever done the entire journey to (or from) Spain, start to finish, with the roof down?  :D

ianswing

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Newby says hi
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2012, 12:03:29 AM »
Just the once but the cold night helped with the concentration till the sun came up,never have the wife with me,she fly's back or it'd be a no