Author Topic: Hirsch Wheels refurb?  (Read 6221 times)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Hirsch Wheels refurb?
« on: 23 January 2012, 12:14:46 AM »
My Hirsch 18 inch wheels really need a refurb.  They been on for three years and are corroding around the bolt holes.

However the Hirsch paint is different from the Saab paint.  Looks more like a Mica/Pearl finish and it's a slightly different colour.  I've also heard that it is ridiculously expensive (but I've not checked....)

So what colour should I go for?   I really like the existing colour, but definitely not black, and the anthracite colours I've seen have been near black.

Here's a terrible photo of the Hirsch wheel next to the original Saab wheel.  It just about shows the difference.

Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
Re: Hirsch Wheels refurb?
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2012, 08:30:16 AM »
Will I dont know of anyone local to you but I trust Lepsons in Swindon (theyre also in Kent)  - they will refinish in any colour though there will be a +charge for that I'm sure.

They did the wheels on my Pug and they will be doing the SAAB wheels with my summer tyres on when I get back from the Gulf in March April.
I asked for a strong glitter finish that they had shown me, for the Pug and I will be having the same finish for the SAAB. The colour is a  brighter than standard SAAB silver, and has a larger 'metalflake' in it. In sunshine it really looks awesome.  8)

http://www.lepsons.com/

EDIT:

Thinking about it, they may even be familiar with the Hirsch finish, knowing Lepsons!
« Last Edit: 23 January 2012, 09:11:23 AM by Trenchfoot »

phoenix

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2012, 08:38:45 AM »
BJV do a wide range of standard colours and I'm sure they'd mix a special one for you.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2012, 10:39:04 AM »
BJV did my winter wheels after the pothole bent them.  I intended to try them first. I only needed two of the wheels refurbing last time and the match is very good.

But if I have all four done I could accommodate a change of colour. I'd like a standard colour from any manufacturer rather than a one-off mix.  You never know when you're going to bend another wheel....
« Last Edit: 23 January 2012, 10:42:19 AM by sgould »
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 27
  • No longer Saab now Nippon Express 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2012, 11:58:59 AM »
I think the black chrome looks really professional.

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2012, 04:14:43 PM »
I'd like a standard colour from any manufacturer rather than a one-off mix.  You never know when you're going to bend another wheel....

They will have a record of the mix and would easily be able to reproduce it, Will  ;)