Author Topic: Electrifying  (Read 2303 times)

john

• SST paid up supporter
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 12
  • 2020 Volvo S60 Polestar, 2020 BMW RNineT Scrambler
    • View Profile
Electrifying
« on: 06 September 2020, 07:35:07 PM »
Does anyone have an electric car yet? Or is anyone considering one? What sort of things are you thinking?

wrighar

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Electrifying
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2020, 07:44:41 PM »
No, but a friend has just got rid of theirs as too limiting and too expensive in battery rent for the miles they were (could) do.

Sold it and bought a Ford B-Max...

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2020, 07:54:17 PM »
I'm looking at my finances and the Tesla model 3, just wondering how long I'll get out of the 9-3 yet as I really need to save for at least another year. Of course another option at that point would be a secondhand model S but it's all a bit wait and see right now. I've got several friends who have various electric cars (and many have had for many years now), not found any one of them have anything negative to say about their purchases other than sometimes finding charging points have been vandalised.  :-\

What bothers me more is what I would get as a stop gap if the 9-3 doesn't last until I can afford the replacement car with a view to keeping it 10 years, although I have always fancied a Subaru Forester STi.  ;D

nathangardner

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2021, 10:26:34 AM »
They are more pricey than normal gas-powered cars but worth it as it require little maintenance. It is highly efficient too. Cons will be the limit of it on long drive. Also, recharging of the battery takes time and you have to find a charging station.

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2021, 02:11:47 PM »
I cheated and got a hybrid. :D