Author Topic: Has anyone Hirsch'd a 2.0T Aero?  (Read 6083 times)

welshwizard

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 2
    • View Profile
Has anyone Hirsch'd a 2.0T Aero?
« on: 03 January 2017, 11:22:19 AM »
Hi all,

Getting a 9-5 Aero Turbo 4 to replace my 2009 Aero Turbo Edition Auto...

Got used to my 260PS but at least with the new car being a manual the performance difference won't be significant.

Assuming I can get a deal for the 260PS upgrade - can I ask if anyone else has chosen to boost their 2.0T?

Thanks

Peter

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone Hirsch'd a 2.0T Aero?
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2017, 07:51:22 PM »
I doubt you'll find anyone on here with a 2.0T NG9-5, the engine is an evolution of the B207 engines which people have Hirsched in their 9-3's though. I might pay out for a 9-3 Hirsch map after my cars service and MOT later this month if it's not too expensive!

welshwizard

• LPT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2017, 10:25:51 PM »
I thought it would be worth a pop Audax....

Finding one with low mileage was getting more and more difficult.  The new engine is quite different to the B207R and has its own 'issues', I don't need to worry about XWD though... but a boost to 260PS would be interesting if there was a deal (ie it wasn't £1000, just for a firmware), the 2012 9-3 with the same engine was 'upgradeable' to 240PS... and for the B207R - there was the 230PS and 252PS options, the latter requiring changes to exhaust, engine, suspension and brakes....

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2017, 10:53:35 PM »
Might be worth waiting a while before the upgrade.  Hirsch have been offering discount on cars that are three to six years old.  And a bigger discount for cars older than six years.  So expect that sometime this year the 2011 cars will get the six year old discount.

http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/Content.aspx?path=%2fProducts%2fLeistung
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

phoenix

• SaabTechTalk-Team
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2017, 04:31:06 PM »
One of the members of our local SOC branch has a Hirsched 2.0T Aero, XWD as well I think. It also has the exhaust and sounds really nice. Goes well too for a relatively small engine in a big car.

welshwizard

• LPT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2017, 08:07:02 PM »
There is a deal for the upgrade for £700.. Will get a feel for the car first, need to get used to using a gearlever again.  She has her first trip to the continent in May so I will check on how the car performs and then decide....

welshwizard

• LPT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 January 2017, 08:08:08 PM »
One of the members of our local SOC branch has a Hirsched 2.0T Aero, XWD as well I think. It also has the exhaust and sounds really nice. Goes well too for a relatively small engine in a big car.

Would be interesting to hear more about that... was more upgraded than just an engine map?