Author Topic: Cruise control not working ?ECU problem  (Read 3512 times)

mickjennings

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Cruise control not working ?ECU problem
« on: 04 April 2012, 09:19:37 AM »
Hi All,

Hope you can help, as despite having wiring diags and trawling through the posts on this forum I can't sort this out  :-[. I have tried to fit cruise to my 97 LPT anni manual. 2 new pedal switches wired in series and checked by ohmmeter, circuit breaks when either pedal depressed. With column switch on the cruise light comes on and there is voltage to the 2 red wires on the multipin connector to the ECU/cruise module under the bonnet.

Problem is it doesn't work when on the road and there is no voltage at the connector from the loom under the dash (to the pedal switches) with the cruise switched on. Any ideas where I should go next?? I am not a genius with electrics as I'm sure you can tell, however I'm not ready to give up yet.

Cheers Mick                    PS  - Nice to be on this forum :)

Paul @ Kippen

• Airflow
  • Number of thanks: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Cruise control not working ?ECU problem
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
Mick,

See reply on 'other' forum.

Paul @ Kippen

mickjennings

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2012, 08:25:17 PM »
Thanks for that Paul.

I've read your posts covering that episode. I have fitted a towbar and electrics so I'll look into that. The pictogram works fine and I'll check the set switch - hope to be able to report good news!

Mick

mickjennings

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2012, 08:58:18 PM »
 :( update misery. Have disconnected towbar wiring and rechecked cruise wiring and set/resume switches send current to ecu as per wiring diagram. I think I need a new ecu/motor thingy.