Author Topic: GWS wins another award!  (Read 2822 times)

David

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 13
  • Great Western Saabs
    • View Profile
GWS wins another award!
« on: 04 November 2013, 12:11:44 PM »
Congratulations to Great Western Saabs very own Howard for winning 'The Most Interesting Car of the Show' Award with his MkIII Sonett at this years Restoration Show.

'I am still shocked - quite how I managed "most interesting vehicle" in front of an ex-Roger Moore P1800 and a Superleggera Aston (amongst all the other terrific cars there) was a real surprise! Huge thanks to all who helped organise the stand, those who helped me out logistically and of course those who have helped me get the car into the state it is now. I had the best of weekends and the award was indeed the cherry on top of the cake.'

What with the other awards earlier in the year, the GWS 'trophy cabinet is getting a little full!

Below is Practical Classics staff and the show organisers presenting Howard (who still looks a bit shell shocked) with the award.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: GWS wins another award!
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2013, 01:14:31 PM »
Well Done! :)

I had a long chat with Howard.  I really like that car.  If I had a decent garage, I think I might be looking for a Sonett. :)
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

David

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 13
  • Great Western Saabs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2013, 01:21:12 PM »
Cheers Will, it was good to catch up with you again for a chat.

Howard was totally surprised:
"I am still shocked - quite how I managed "most interesting vehicle" in front of an ex-Roger Moore P1800 and a Superleggera Aston (amongst all the other terrific cars there) was a real surprise! Huge thanks to all who helped organise the stand, those who helped me out logistically and of course those who have helped me get the car into the state it is now. I had the best of weekends and the award was indeed the cherry on top of the cake."

The only pics I have of the 96 being detailed are these two.

This which was taken at the end of Saturday showing a after/before

and this one taken at the beginning of Sunday.
Thank to the Rover P5 Club staff for the 'surprise additional embellishments'.  ;D

« Last Edit: 04 November 2013, 01:22:56 PM by David »

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2013, 01:28:10 PM »
Definitely shinier than when I saw it on Saturday Morning.  :)

Our cars are a lot newer, and look OK generally, but I was surprised how much better they looked after I gave them a brief "valet" before the International show.  And that was with one coat of some old Bilt Hamber stuff I have.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.