Author Topic: sporadic reverse lights flasching  (Read 1325 times)

mannen11

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
sporadic reverse lights flasching
« on: 15 March 2019, 07:54:02 AM »
Hi.
i have a realy anoying fault. its totaly intermittent, when it occures the warning för pdc active lights and the reverse lights comes on.
if i stop the car and go outside i can shake the car by pushing it and the lights goes on and of. if i the turn of the engine and take out the key and then start the engine again the fault is gone.  at first i thougt about cabels but the i think it would come on again if i restarted the engine.
i have changed the gearselector switch. the car is manual. i have allso removed the cabels for the towbar. and allso removed the fusebox in the back and tilted around. to se if thera are maby water

i need ideas!

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: sporadic reverse lights flasching
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2019, 09:08:50 AM »
Welcome! :)

That sounds to be a tricky problem.  But if you are getting warning lights the car should be storing error codes.  These will not be engine codes that can be read by a standard OBD code reader. They will be Saab codes which can only be read by the Saab “Tech2” handheld computer.  If you can get these codes read correctly, it may give you a quick solution.

Most Saab garages have a Tech2, but there are many in private hands.  A session will hopefully save you a lot of trial and error, changing things.

There’s a list of some owners here http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/UKS/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=126762

There is a more international list on a Tech2 Owners page on Facebook.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.