Author Topic: Leather care for cracked seats  (Read 5275 times)

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
Leather care for cracked seats
« on: 25 September 2016, 02:53:45 PM »
Any recommendations for treating cracked leather? Just after something to stop it getting any worse.

Popped into Halfords this afternoon but all they had was Autogylm - would have to buy a cleaning product and balm. This would be about £18. Don't mind spending that if it does the job, though don't want to throw my money away if there's something that will do the job for less.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Leather care for cracked seats
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2016, 06:17:47 PM »
Have a look at Steve Lewis's sites.

www.carleatherdye.co.uk
www.stevelewissaab.com

He will offer Gliptone products, and ones that are the right colour for Saabs. If you get in touch he will advise you on what you need.  I've spoken to Steve about this sort of thing, he was a member of our local SOC branch and lived in Luton.

But a couple of months ago he relocated to Scotland. He's running his internet business from there now.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 September 2016, 09:59:08 AM »
I'll check that over - thanks  :)

The 9-3 has moved up to being my main car now with my other one going back on the PCP. I did less than 6000 miles in the first year of owning this 9-3. Have done over 1000 miles in the first three weeks since the other went. It'll probably do even more in October with work visits to Worcester, Canterbury, Shrewsbury, Bedford and Argyll. That last one is a 1000 mile trip on its own. Spending more time in the car makes me more aware of what needs doing. Makes me more aware of the economy as well - must try to get over 30mpg!

Kev_Mc

• SST paid up supporter
  • Super Aero
  • 08 9-5 Aero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2016, 11:53:25 AM »
I sent him an email and he got back to me really quickly. Very impressed so far  8)

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2016, 11:58:21 AM »
I can vouch for Gliptone stuff; I've used it for years and been very pleased with the results.
It's kept my seats clean and has fed/moisturised any potential cracking of the leather. It also smells of leather too which I like - it's a very natural smell, and is not synthetic like some.

fka

• Super Aero
  • Number of thanks: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2016, 12:27:15 PM »
+1 for Gliptone, the Mrs has used it on our sofa too. It smells lovely :)