Author Topic: Nissan Qashqai windscreen trims - HOW MUCH??!!!  (Read 2046 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Nissan Qashqai windscreen trims - HOW MUCH??!!!
« on: 09 March 2018, 04:51:48 PM »
We bought our Qashqai+2 when it was 2 years old (it's a 12 plate), and when some bits of trim around the front screen fell off some time later, it was apparent that the front screen had been replaced some time before we bought it. Whoever the fitter was, he obviously elected to botch the refitting of the trim that surrounds the screen. It is supposed to be replaced as a single piece, but it looks like he removed the one from the old screen, which required the corners to be cut off, and which he then glued back into place at the top corners of the glass.

They fell off over the following months, never to be seen again, and leaving a gap in the corners. The screen doesn't leak because it is bonded, but it is more an annoyance, as I can't replace the bits that came off, as they should be part of a one piece seal that runs across the top of the glass and down each side.

Anyway, in addition to this, there are two black plastic trims at the bottom corners of the glass that fit to the bodywork, and seem to act as a rain water channel. Whilst scraping the ice off the car one morning, the missus knocked one of these trims and it came off completely, revealing that it was stuck on with double sided tape and black mastic!!! The clips that are supposed to slot into the body had clearly been broken off!!!!

I've been meaning to find out if I can get a couple of new ones, as I can see that the one still on the car has been stuck on in the same way :o . In I popped to the Nissan dealer this afternoon to ask whether a pair of these trims could be ordered - they can, and for two bits of black plastic each not much longer than a smartphone, the cost is merely......£60 :o

If I knew what these bits were actually called, I could try and see if I can get some from a scrappies.....any ideas?
« Last Edit: 09 March 2018, 04:54:10 PM by Steve McF »

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Nissan Qashqai windscreen trims - HOW MUCH??!!!
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2018, 05:00:05 PM »
I wonder if this is any good!

http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk

I had a friend who joined a Toyota forum.  He gave up as 95% of all technical queries were answered with things along the lines of "Don't try and bodge this yourself, take it to your local Toyota dealer".  ::)
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Re: Nissan Qashqai windscreen trims - HOW MUCH??!!!
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2018, 05:01:22 PM »
I think I am a member of that, but no one ever responds to anything, so I gave up!! Miserable lot ha ha!!!!!

Just did a search on Nissan windscreen trim, and found an interesting thread on here from....errr.....me!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2961.0
« Last Edit: 09 March 2018, 05:03:04 PM by Steve McF »