Author Topic: 2.2 tid fuel filter change no start!  (Read 7632 times)

davrav66

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
2.2 tid fuel filter change no start!
« on: 27 May 2012, 12:25:24 PM »
hi have changed my fuel filter and now my car wont start have checked i have done everything correct,obviously i must have missed something.
what next ?
cheers
Dave

davrav66

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 tid fuel filter change no start!
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2012, 12:21:18 PM »
anyone ? helppppp!

ScarbSaab

• SST paid up supporter
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 14
  • 04 9-5 Aero Estate, 08 9-5 Aero Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2012, 12:42:47 PM »
I think they're waiting for you to be more specific. "Won't start" is a bit vague. Does it turn over? Does it try to fire and stutter? Is there any indication on the dash, or unusual symptoms like the rev counter not showing when it turns over?

You get the idea.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2012, 01:42:38 PM »
Once you change the fuel filter they take an age to prime, get a starter charger out and keep turning it over for 30 seconds at a time then give it a couple of minutes for the starter to cool down, I even saw someone get impatient and explode the starter motor once. Also, once it fires, keep it starting for a few seconds or it will stall almost immediately.

davrav66

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2012, 09:23:14 PM »
ok thanks will try as have killed my battery . i have made sure there is diesel coming out of the connection at the pump, hopefully a new battery will enable me to start it. there is a air valve on one of the pipes coming from the pump any idea what it is or how you use it.
cheers
Dave

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2012, 10:10:06 PM »
ok thanks will try as have killed my battery . i have made sure there is diesel coming out of the connection at the pump, hopefully a new battery will enable me to start it. there is a air valve on one of the pipes coming from the pump any idea what it is or how you use it.

IIRC It's a bleed nipple, if you have the right gear you can suck air out from there while trying to start the car after you've changed the fuel filter.