Author Topic: built in navigation system replacement pre-facelift 9-3  (Read 2448 times)

dave08

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
built in navigation system replacement pre-facelift 9-3
« on: 30 November 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
Hello. has anyone been able to use an aftermarket GPS on the pre-facelifted 9-3? I was wondering if it would be possible to use a Raspberry with the builtin screen for updated maps. I know that it's possible to integrate Raspberry with an arduino gps module. My idea was to keep the display and use a solution like this or get a replacement, which seems impossible so far.
Regards.

dave08

• Linear
    • View Profile
Re: built in navigation system replacement pre-facelift 9-3
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2016, 10:32:01 AM »
Replaced the laser in the DVD unit. Read DVDs (copies)  right away :)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2016, 11:27:38 AM »
Where did you find the laser?

I tried to get one for the 9-5 and only found one from Germany for €€€€€€.  Just about worth it until I found that all the ribbon connections were glued in place...
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

dave08

• Linear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2016, 11:49:49 AM »
Hi. Don't know, sorry. I just took the unit off to a trusted computer repair shop. They bought it somewhere from the "East". My unit is a DVD M2 5.6. Once you read your model it will be easier to find the correct laser. I found many sites in Europe selling my "SF-HD4" laser.

The ribbon in this new one was not as long, but it worked right away yesterday.
Good luck. By the way, I've burned many, many DVD+R DL for nothing. the problem was the laser that was going dead...It still could read the original until last year, though...