Author Topic: Insurance time again  (Read 2989 times)

Geoff1951

• SST paid up supporter
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 22
  • Sadly Saabless, but with a new mistress.
    • View Profile
Insurance time again
« on: 06 January 2014, 09:33:29 PM »
Got my renewal quote today from LV - £366, down from £372 last year. All things considered (postcode, work status, Hirsch upgrades, courtesy car, protected NCD, voluntary excess, other half included, claims record, etc.) I'm fairly happy, considering in years past I've paid a lot more.

Still, as every year, I started searching the net. The meerkat's lowest quote for exactly the same cover is £261.

EXACTLY the same cover.
With LV.
Not a subsidiary of LV used for channelling comparison sites, as I know they (and others) often do.
LV itself.

I'm looking forward to phoning them tomorrow.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Insurance time again
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2014, 10:03:45 PM »
I'm with Chris Knott www.ckinsurance.co.uk

They are the administrators of the Saab Owners Club Insurance Scheme.  They use a company called Highway which is a subsidiary of LV.  They were a lot cheaper than anyone else when i changed a couple of years ago and the premium has gone down a bit since.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Geoff1951

• SST paid up supporter
  • Test pilot
  • Number of thanks: 22
  • Sadly Saabless, but with a new mistress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2014, 10:34:53 PM »
Cheers Will, I've got a list with Chris Knott on it.

MikeIOW

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2014, 07:11:24 PM »
I would highly recommend registering with Quidco and searching/buying via there.   cashback site, good for lots of things but especially home & car insurance.

Mine (Esure) came in at about £239, then with £40 cashback went below £200 for the first time in maybe decades !

On the other hand, MrsW's had a renewal that was £50 below last year's, and we didn't bother chasing up!

cheers
Mike