Author Topic: Wheel Refurbishment  (Read 3899 times)

Aero Boy

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Wheel Refurbishment
« on: 12 July 2011, 10:59:46 AM »
Hi All

My pristine 02 9-3 Aero is not so pristine this morning as I managed to kerb one of the wheels - DOH!!!

Anyway looking for recommendations for wheel refurbishment, are any of the mobile services any good?
The damage is not so bad

Regards
Mike

philg

• Airflow
  • Number of thanks: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel Refurbishment
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2011, 11:06:25 AM »
Where are you?

I used a company in Birmingham who were good...and cheap! :)

Max Headroom

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 62
  • 2006 93 TiD Convertible. Cotswolds, England
    • View Profile
    • Combat Stress
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2011, 11:34:54 AM »
Lepsons in Swindon would be my first choice. I cannot recommend them enough - they did the wheels on my Pug.
Very friendly, competitively priced, helpful to a fault, very fast turnaround, superb attention to details and communication, and to add to it, they got me the tyres I wanted cheaper than anywhere else plus they have been the best balanced set of wheels on any car I have owned!
I researched carefully before I got my wheels done and not a bad word was said anywhere about Lepsons. Oh, and they can usually provide you with a temporary set while you're having yours done, though if you have only smacked the one you may not need it.

I also learned some real horror stories about mobile wheel repairers - having said that I'm sure they can't all be bad, it's just finding one that does the job properly and to a high enough standard to meet your own expectations.

Aero Boy

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2011, 05:13:54 PM »
I'm in North Notts

jimmym105

• Linear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2011, 11:39:58 PM »
Prestigewheels near chape ???l en le frith superbly refurbed all four of mine last year. They are mobile too so might come as far as you. Sorry i'd find you the link but i'm on my phone.