Author Topic: Review your Saab GM900 (M94-97)  (Read 10956 times)

Tech II

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Airflow
  • Number of thanks: 4
    • View Profile
Review your Saab GM900 (M94-97)
« on: 02 July 2011, 06:13:44 PM »
Thanks to Chris (Zaphod) for the suggestion.  This topic is for owners to review their Saab in their own words for the benefit of other contributors to STT who may be interested in buying or just reading your views.

We look forward to reading your reviews!

ianswing

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Review your Saab GM900 (M94-97)
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2012, 07:48:06 PM »
 8) Hi, I've a 1997 2ltr 900s convertable in red

bought her 3 years ago with 170k on,extremely happy so far, 2 weeks after buying i drove her across to spain 1600 miles, stopped only for fuel and the 8 hr crossing to france, so comfy i just didnt want to stop, averaged 39 mpg over the full trip and she now resides in spain coming home once a year for the mot, no problems with the car upto this summer, bit of boot floor corrosion at both sides (floor to outer panel) which as its not been picked up on the last 2 tests i'm assuming its not structural ? getting it repaired at the same time as the small bulkhead crack thats been found, pedals dont move but after reading about it i had a poke behind the sealer and discovered it, Just had my 1st roof problem,seems the rear latching motor doesnt like the heat from the spanish sun and fails, just located a nearly new one and will be refitting on the next trip

I recommend the car, with history would be nice but at this age its usually missing, mines fully stamped lol keep upto the usal servicing and regular oil changes, mines every 3k but probably over the top,as she stands for awhile between trips and the high mileage i pamper her, she'll be on spanish plates soon and with the climate i'm hoping around for quite sometime. Ian....w/yorks