Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Off-topic chat, Help, Advice, General motoring issues / Re: Flat spotted tyres.
« Last post by sgould on 16 April 2024, 12:16:44 PM »
The tyres should recover if they are not abused when first driven.  Alternatively you could pump them up to a much higher pressure to reduce the size of the contact patch, as long as you reduce it before getting it back on the road.

It depends a bit on the age of the tyres.  There’s a date stamp on the side. Four digits. First two are the week. Followed by two for the year.  10 years is considered the life of the tyre in normal circumstances.
Off-topic chat, Help, Advice, General motoring issues / Flat spotted tyres.
« Last post by Steve McF on 16 April 2024, 09:37:11 AM »
If you have a car parked in the garage for a few months, is there a good way to fix flat spots on the tyres?

My son's car got stuck in the garage once our building work started and a skip was dropped outside the garage door.

The car is SORNed, but the skips have been there far longer than we anticipated. The tyres are all good/reasonably new, and we have tried to move the car about whilst it has been in there so it wasn't sitting on the same patch continuously.
Indeed, that is strong money.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204736269275?

What I would describe as strong money at £14,750 , and the car doesn't have Drivesense or Harman Kardon sound system.

Does look tidy though
Well done! :) 

And, yes, I could do with your luck if you have some to spare...
I think Will has a coupe of issues on his car. Fancy sorting them out for him while you are having a good day  ;D
Sounds like good news. Almost reminiscent of a 1970's air cooled VW, except much easier to fix  :thumbsup:
Whilst I had the scuttle panel off for the water leak issue in my other thread, I checked the fan. Couldn't feel any noticeable play in it, so squirted some silicone spray onto the upper part of the spindle/bearing, to see if I could stop the irritating chirping!!

And hey presto....it seems to have worked!!! For now at least ;) If I can sort the leak out first, I may take the fan out for a proper clean and lube the bearings with oil at some point ;)

So that's two good jobs I've managed to do this evening!!
In the next two pics you can see the perished seal as I pull the housing away from the body, and then my temporary duck tape 'solution'.....I hope!!!
Well the source of the leak seemed to be the side of the centre console. The side nearest the door was dry.

So this evening I got the scuttle panel off to find no drain block, and a completely dry and unstained cabin filter. What I did however find was that the cabin filter housing seal to the body has completely disintegrated/dried out/gone crusty. You can move the cabin filter housing forward and backward and create a gap across the top.

I have seen Cyclone Sid's Youtube video on cleaning all this up and using fresh sealant to stick the housing back onto the body, so I think that is the next job to do, if it will ever stop raining for 10 minutes!!!

In the mean time, I did a temporary botch to see if I can at least stop the leak for now....

See pics below 👍😉
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10