Author Topic: Exhaust Woes  (Read 4053 times)

Mellow

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
    • Mellow's World
Exhaust Woes
« on: 07 January 2012, 05:23:52 PM »
Good evening men.
I require the gathered knowledge of this forum to try to get my exhaust fixed.
The flexi section nearest the front of the pipe (behind where it joins the cat) has started blowing. There is only a small piece of the braided wire left on it.
I have been trying to find a replacement section on the net but all the sections i find only have one flexi section,where as my pipe has a section at the front of the pipe where it joins the cat and one at the rear where it joins the next section with a silencer ???
I seem to recall the guy i bought the car off telling me it had some super-duper sportpack system fitted from new by saab for the original purchaser.
The system has manifold to cat (which finishes just under driver footwell),then this flexipipe (which has flexi bit on either end of a straight piece of pipe) then a section which curves and goes across car with a muffler,which then joins the rear box which is a genuine saab item but is triangular shape with a large black oval tailpipe as opposed to the standard saab round ended tailpipe ::)
The car is a 1998 900 2.0i by the way :)
If anyone can shed some light on what i have and where i can get this section with the flexi ends i would be eternally grateful :o
Cheers.
Mick. 8)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Exhaust Woes
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2012, 07:03:11 PM »
The standard pipe is shown in the parts list.

Article : Intermediate pipe
PartNo : 4750741
Ch. V2003149--
Order Quantity : 1

It looks like this (I think the flanges represent the flex bits)

Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Mellow

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
    • Mellow's World
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2012, 10:24:11 PM »
Hi mate thanks for the reply.
Yes the part you show is the only part i can find available.
it is this part http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=249&osCsid=e0a5b01cbe40a4ace8fd6e87f2bc02da
The difference on mine is it has two of those braided/flexi sections on that one pipe.one at each end ??? hence my confusion.
May have to get a new one made up from an exhaust place ::)
Thanks anyway :) 8)

chris aka zaphod

• LPT
  • Number of thanks: 12
  • GWS, Bristol
    • View Profile
    • Great Western Saabs
« Reply #3 on: 07 January 2012, 10:51:34 PM »
My daughter had the exhaust replaced by my son this morning with a second hand unit - it did not have the piece in question from the donor vehicle, but has on hers. Was there a different exhaust for certain years?

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2012, 10:19:27 AM »
The only change I can see is the one at Chassis number V200..... As listed above.  The V number is model year 1997.  There were different exhausts for the 2.5 and other models.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Mellow

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
    • Mellow's World
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2012, 10:49:10 AM »
Morning all :)
My chassis number is YS3DF55J0W2014***
From what i understand it is an imported SE but the car when brought over was Fully Loaded as XS spec as per original purchasers request ::) Apparently it had an original Saab Sports pack exhaust system fitted but i cant clarify this information ???
I think what i will have to do is measure the intermediate pipe i have and check the length with the length of the available one and if they are both the same buy one of those ::)
Many thanks for the replies and info 8)

Mellow

• Saabisti
    • View Profile
    • Mellow's World
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2012, 10:48:13 PM »
Hi men.just thought id let you know its all sorted now.
Got a new genuine flexi section from turners hill garage and jobs a good 'un as they say 8)
Cheers for all the replies :)