Author Topic: Not using my Saab for the next few days  (Read 2029 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
Not using my Saab for the next few days
« on: 11 October 2021, 03:34:38 PM »
Well not using any car for the next few days, as I'm having to isolate after testing positive for Covid on a PCR test :o

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Not using my Saab for the next few days
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2021, 05:22:10 PM »
I had it a couple of weeks ago, had a mild sore throat for a couple of days, then a really bad sore throat one day, nasty cold like symptoms the next and then just felt a bit tired and achey for a few days after.  :thumbsup:

Only got the positive LFT on the day when I had the nasty cold like symptoms and another positive LFT the day after, the PCR was negative though (reading up on it turns out they have a high false positive rate too, but not as high as the LFT) but out of 15 LFT tests taken in this household we have 5 positive in total so isolated for 10 days from the start of symptoms.

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2021, 11:58:45 AM »
To be fair, I have had worse standard flu. I first had the hot and cold flushes and achey limbs, then the sore throat came on with a vengeance and my temp went up to almost 39 degrees, and then I started to get a chesty cough, but as my nose was clear through out (not running or bunged up), I didn't seem to amass a mucus clogged chest like I normally do, so the cough never really developed like it normally would.

My Missus's PCR test came back a day after mine, and surprisingly she was positive without knowing it (LFT had been negative). She has since lost her sense of taste and smell (which didn't happen to me thankfully), and feels like she has a head cold.

Mind you, I don't think I have had any flu or colds for about 2 or 3 years now, and hopefully being double jabbed kept the severity down (although we'll never know one way or the other). Ironically, I got invited for my flu jab whilst ill, but the dates they gave me were during my 10 day isolation period!!!!!!!!

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2021, 01:40:18 PM »
SWMBO has been pinged twice.  First time the PCR came back negative.  The second ping was this morning and the test is booked for 3.30pm.  I have had no symptoms on either occasion. 

I was speaking with a friend of ours who is a leading epidemiologist working in research, and we both had a "flu" which resulted loss of taste and smell, but that was over three years ago.  The hospital said it was "allergic rhinitis", but we have been wondering about it ever since...
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2021, 05:59:52 PM »
Me and t'wife are both double vax with AZ, we were unwell like a cold, child 1 is vax with PFZ and had no symptoms at all, child 2 has no vax at all and was the most poorly of us all!

Now this week we've all got a bad cold though with blocked nose and sore throat!

As for a flu that resulted in no sense of smell and a lack of taste, that sounds like post viral anosmia which occurs with several viruses and I believe in other coronaviruses that are not covid-19.

I've been doing some more reading an people reporting a positive LFD but having a negative PCR is currently being looked at by PHE as it seems it's increasingly common!