Author Topic: Infotainment plus system  (Read 208 times)

Sioux

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Infotainment plus system
« on: 05 June 2024, 10:28:58 PM »

Bought 2006 saab 93 convertible only problem is it has faulty infotainment plus system ie only thing that works is the on/off volume ..Im guessing this is why the sid display is completely blank as well,my question is this if I were to find a infotainment plus system second hand would you have to change the nav system that's in the boot or could you use the one already there ? Would sid work then(after tech 2 programing) anyone know what this would cost for programming??any help or advise please

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: Infotainment plus system
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2024, 11:40:03 PM »
Welcome! :)

SID is wired to the ICM.  The sound and the satnav relies on the O-Bus which is the fibre optic ring that connects the ICM, The CD player, The Entertainment Head Unit, the AMP2 behind the trim by the rear seat, the amp in the boot and all the bits for the sat nav.  Any break in the optic ring will cause the whole sound and satnav system to fail.  So check that all the fibre cables are pushed in place.  Do you get any warning sounds, like the indicator clicks, etc.  If no sound, the fibre loop is not working.  But that may also be down to a failure of one of the units in the loop as well as the cables.

Check the fuses for all the units,  I don't think that the SID has a separate fuse as it's connected via the ICM.  So you may have an ICM failure.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

aerojon

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2024, 07:46:27 PM »
SID has own fuse shared with front cd unit..F#3 10amp in the IPEC aka fascia f/box..

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2024, 08:05:42 PM »
 :-[ :-[ :-[  Sorry, I was working from memory.  Yes it's fuse 3 for the SID in the fuse box at the end of the dashboard.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.