Author Topic: Twin exhaust  (Read 5683 times)

StanleyB

• Linear
  • Number of thanks: 1
    • View Profile
Twin exhaust
« on: 15 May 2016, 10:45:07 AM »
Did SAAB ever sell a twin exhaust box for the 900? I thought that they did for the 900 V6. But I can't find anything about that anywhere on the net.
I am thinking of replacing my Viggen exhaust with a twin pipe version, but I don't want more noise! I just want a better look at the back. Anyone here who has a twin pipe box?

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Twin exhaust
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2016, 12:24:11 PM »
Do you mean twin tailpipes on a single box or a Y system with 2 boxes? If you mean the former then http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?products_id=239 or if you mean the latter then I don't think Saab ever offered anything with twin boxes for the 900.

wrighar

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • High Output Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2016, 07:17:33 PM »
Only a simple twin like this on the NG v6 2.5  (if you can make them ou in the croped and enhanced pic)

StanleyB

• Linear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2016, 04:25:49 PM »
Thanks guys. That's the one. I am thinking of fitting one of them on my 9-3 if it is technically possible. The gap cut out in the rear bumper on the 9-3 would look far sexier with a twin pipe exhaust I think. If I get that far, I'll post some pics with the end result.

Norfolk Jim

• SST paid up supporter
  • Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 27
  • No longer Saab now Nippon Express 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2016, 12:47:23 PM »
See if Abbott Racing do one as they did nice ones for the 9-5 and they were quiet normally but a nice rumble when accelerating. They added about 5 bhp if I remember

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2016, 08:40:41 AM »
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

StanleyB

• Linear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2016, 10:19:46 AM »
It probably would, but it looks like a lot more work than I would want to undertake.
I had a word with Ian at Saabtech yesterday, who knows my particular car like the back of his hands since he helped to assemble it from the SAAB parts bin. He pointed out that the NG900 twin exhaust for the 2.3 litre engine, as fitted in my 9-3, runs in a different configuration. So the pipes won't fit.
What I do regret though is that I had no idea that SAAB made a twin pipe exhaust for the 2.3 NG900. I had one of those before and would have loved to have kitted it out with a twin pipe exhaust.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2016, 01:24:05 PM »
Surely you can get it modded to fit from the bits?

StanleyB

• Linear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2016, 07:27:50 AM »
I haven't given up on the idea yet. I'll need to clamber under a 900 and a 9-3 and take some good pics of the area to get an idea of what can be done.

ade wilkins

• Airflow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 September 2016, 10:57:21 AM »
Did you manage to find one ?
SAAB is a SAAB, wether it be a GM, Lancia/Fiat or a V4 with a Ford Taunus engine in it, SAAB.