Author Topic: Telephone appears in panel  (Read 3343 times)

terryswaden@hotmail.com

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Telephone appears in panel
« on: 25 March 2014, 11:03:51 AM »
Hi all experts, I have the above problem with my 2007 9.5 estate. The telephone icon appears ( car has never had a phone connected from new) and this mutes all sound. I can clear temporarily by removing fuse 9, but constantly comes back.
I have seen a previous topic on this but need to get a wiring diagram to understand where to start.

Any help appreciated

ScarbSaab

• SST paid up supporter
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 14
  • 04 9-5 Aero Estate, 08 9-5 Aero Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: Telephone appears in panel
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2014, 12:36:19 PM »
Welcome. Just to let you know, if your car is a 9-5 you've posted in the wrong forum, one of the moderators might move it to the Classic 9-5 forum.

It sounds as though you've got the telephone mute wire shorting. The connector for the telephone is taped up into the loom behind the radio. To reach it you need to get the radio and the mounting frame out. Then you can see if there's damage to the wiring insulation or to the wiring going to the radio frame.

terryswaden@hotmail.com

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2014, 12:39:26 PM »
Thanks for the prompt reply. The unit is with Satnav, do I need special tool to remove ?

ScarbSaab

• SST paid up supporter
  • LPT
  • Number of thanks: 14
  • 04 9-5 Aero Estate, 08 9-5 Aero Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2014, 01:16:35 PM »
Sorry, mine's a standard audio system so don't know how to remove the satnav unit. I thought someone had posted pictures of the 'keys' and the removal, but I can't find them now.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2014, 03:30:30 PM »
I posted pictures of the keys. You need four for the sat nav. But you can use the Flat Clarion ones from Halfords if you file or cut the shoulders off. I'll try and find some links, but I'm 200 miles from my computer, and not home until late.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2014, 03:40:11 PM »
http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/sjgould2002/library/9-5%20Parrot?sort=2&page=1

Shows where the tel connector is. It's hard to find as its tightly. Bound into the loom running down the LHS. You may not feel it. You have to cut it out.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2014, 03:47:51 PM »
Link to the keys and removal pictures. There is a label on the back of the satnav that tells you which pin is the tel mute. Usually a yellow wire at the phone. But may not be in the loom.

http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/sjgould2002/library/SatNav?sort=2&page=1

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2014, 06:56:20 PM »
I'd go in from the side to investigate the wiring for telephone kits in a 9-5, that involves removing the carpet covering the passenger side foot well and possibly the glove box too. I'd be looking for frayed and damaged wiring.