Author Topic: SAAB 95 NG Infotainment unit after replacement not powering up  (Read 4868 times)

Peter69

• Saabisti
  • Number of thanks: 0
    • View Profile
Some month ago my local SAAB service centre performed Infotainment firmware update via USB .
At the end of update unit died.
It could because it was USA update and my car is UK version , but it could also be that during update TIS computer was connected and was not supposed to so that somehow interrupted update and killed unit.
End result , completely dead unit.
Anyway I got replacement unit, and upon installation Infotainment would not come on line.
It was clear that unit is powered , TIS computer could communicate with Infotainment, unit was also performing software update ( could see it on TIS computer) ,but screen was dark grey, in the same way when you switch on T V or Monitor but without video input. You can tell TV is working but no video signal is coming
Conclusion was it is faulty unit, so we got another one.
Upon installation , same problem again – unit powered but screen was grey as if no video input.
BTW in both cases no buttons under the unit or on steering wheel made any difference.
So either both replacement units are faulty, technicians are not doing something correctly or something else could also be wrong (ECU?)
Has anyone come across this kind of problem?
Any advice would be welcomed.

Audax

• SaabTechTalk Team
  • Wide open throttle
  • Number of thanks: 207
    • View Profile
Re: SAAB 95 NG Infotainment unit after replacement not powering up
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2014, 09:50:40 PM »
Hi, Just to say you really need to post this on all the Saab forums you can find, there aren't many people out there with any experience of the NG9-5 as so few cars were sold and they were very early on in the life of the model that the technical bulletins to assist with odd problems were never created. I hope you find someone who can help.

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Re: SAAB 95 NG Infotainment unit after replacement not powering up
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2014, 10:14:45 PM »
Does the unit have any commonality with the unit in the Vauxhall/Opel Insignia?  If so, a look at their forums may help too.
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.