Author Topic: Changed the headlamp xenons this morning, and found this...  (Read 1296 times)

sgould

• Aerobic
  • SST paid up supporter
  • Overboost
  • Number of thanks: 345
  • 2006 9-5 Aero estate - Hirsched.
    • View Profile
    • Christine Bennett - soprano
Took the bumper off the Carlsson and removed the headlamps.  Changing the bulb is straightforward, as long as you ignore the full WIS instructions.  Why on earth would you need to remove the ballast and the cornering control unit?  The bulb twists and comes out, and the plastic carrier unclips.

While it was out, I noticed a lever at the side, which seems to block the kick-up of the beam on the nearside by moving a plate on the shield.

https://youtu.be/C4Pi1QaWjrw
Help support SaabTechTalk by making a Lump Sum donation or by opening a subscription. 
Options available are in your Profile/Actions.

smurkenstein

• Vector
  • Number of thanks: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Changed the headlamp xenons this morning, and found this...
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2020, 03:50:00 PM »
Yeah, that lever adjusts the shape of the baffle that tweaks the headlight's footprint. You can tweak it to stop glare for oncoming traffic. If you drive up to a wall at night and flick the leaver you'll see what I mean. I spent ages fiddling with that trying to make my lights road legal in France when I moved over there. Unfortunately it can't be done that way - had to buy euro lights.

aerojon

• Turbo
  • Number of thanks: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Changed the headlamp xenons this morning, and found this...
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2020, 07:39:18 PM »
you can see it moving,tbh looks more like a piece which drops down slightly which extends the fixed shield..