Author Topic: CLEPA chief Lars Holmqvist agrees to attend Saab reorganisation hearing  (Read 2035 times)

Steve McF

• Viggen
  • Number of thanks: 10
  • 9-5 2.0LPT.....as was, and now 9-3ss 2.0T Aero :)
    • View Profile
SWEDEN: CLEPA chief Lars Holmqvist agrees to attend Saab reorganisation hearing

14 December 2011 | By: Simon Warburton

European supplier body CLEPA CEO Lars Holmqvist has been asked by Saab CEO Victor Muller to attend next Monday's (19 December) reorganisation hearing at Vanersborg District Court.

The presence of the supplier chief indicates the seriousness with which Saab is treating the occasion, with Muller himself also due to argue for a continuation of the automaker's bankruptcy protection position.

"He [Muller] has asked me if I could be there - it is awfully important for us because I have a feeling if this one does not succeed then that is it," Holmqvist told just-auto. "I feel should I be able to contribute, I feel a certain obligation to do so."

The Saab CEO will equally attend the Court hearing in person, with the situation arising as a result of administrator Guy Lofalk applying to have the automaker's voluntary reorganisation status lifted.

"He [Muller] is making a personal appearance and has asked for an oral hearing with the Court," said Holmqvist.

"He talked to me yesterday and I will talk to him today. Obviously, he is convinced he is going to get enough money to continue the reorganisation..and pay debts."

A major number of Saab creditors are also expected to be at the 13:00 [Sweden] 19 December hearing, with the Court providing a "large room" to accommodate numbers.

Yesterday, the Swedish National Debt Office indicated to just-auto it might be present. The Debt Office has guaranteed a EUR217m European Investment Bank loan to Saab.

© 2011 All content copyright just-auto.com.